The Burchino Estate belongs to the Castellani Family since 4 generations and covers approximately 37 hectares in the medieval village of Terricciola, one of the best areas of the Pisan hills, in the Chianti area. The vineyards are located on the hills with the best exposure and represent a real collection of Cru of the area. The land is extraordinarily rich of fossil shells on a draining and loose mixture of sand and clay, very ancient matrix that refers to the proximity to the sea.
The Castellani Family has made of the Burchino Estate a centre for the preservation of agricultural memory of the area. The best reservas of the family refined in an ancient Etruscan hypogeum dating back to 800 BC, located in the aging cellar. In the old cellar are still preserved documents of the early 1900s harvests.
Go to the Burchino Estate wines.
The Campomaggio Estate covers 27 hectares near the medieval town of Radda, in one of the best areas of the Chianti Classico. At the altitude of 400 meters, and with great exposure to the South, the soil is characterized by the dominance of limestone, Galestro and Alberese.
The history of the estate dates back to around 1700 when the manor house and the rural village overlooking the entire vineyard were built. In early 1900, the estate became property of the Sedelmayer family, which created some of the first labels of important wines in the Chianti area. In 1990, the property was acquired by the Castellani Family that restructured the old vineyards and built the new winery in local stones. Today, as part of the Lucarelli wildlife oasis, the Campomaggio estate is a natural paradise of peace and tranquillity where the classic wines are produced in the heart of Chianti.
Go to the Campomaggio Estate wines.
Since 1903 the Castellani family has been exporting its own finest Estate wines from Tuscany. They have changed and evolved over the decades, but throughout the years the philosophy of their work has remained consistent: "The quality of the wine begins in the vineyard", as the ancestors used to say.
With the goal and aspiration to make memorable wines, the Castellani family has been passionately working during the last ten years, investing in wine-growing research and new cellar technologies. Experienced oenologists and agronomists have been appointed to enhance the wine-making process and the overall wine quality.
Go to the Castellani Estate wines.
The Ceppaiano Estate was born in 2005. It's located on the edges of the Arno River, where sandy soils are rich in minerals and fossils of marine origin. The vineyard stretches over 40 hectares on a strip of land located between the hills and the coastal plain, and it's part of one of the most vocated areas of the Pisan hills at about 25km from the Tyrrhenian Sea.
The vines have been planted by the Castellani team in cooperation with the Oenology department of the University of Pisa. The best clones and rootstocks were chosen for the production of modern wines with territorial characteristics, too. The use of integrated organic cultivation techniques and the presence of the vinification cellar inside the vineyard preserve the fruit purity during cultivation, harvest and transformation.
In 2010 the Ceppaiano Estate became an asset of the Castellani Family Foundation, which is dedicated to the arts and culture. The creation of the Estate labels has been influenced by the works of art housed in the Ceppaiano Villa, the headquarter of both the winery and the Foundation.
Go to the Ceppaiano Estate wines.
Poggio al Casone Estate
The Poggio al Casone Estate is located on the first hills overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea in the municipality of Crespina, an ancient castle in the province of Pisa. The vineyards cover about 27 hectares of alluvial soils consisting of tufaceous sand with layers of gravel resulting from repeated flooding of the Arno river. This area is particularly suitable to the production of quality wines, thanks to the deep and draining soils, sea breezes and intense brightness.
Acquired by the Castellani Family in 1995, the Poggio al Casone Estate hosts the experimental organic vineyards of the University of Pisa, dedicated to the research and preservation of local varieties. In the heart of the vineyards are located the main Villa and the old houses built during the Leopoldina era (circa 1800).
Go to the Poggio al Casone Estate wines.